Call or text me: 919.345.4608
The first wedding I ever officiated was
July 4th, 1997.
I was a nervous wreck. It was blazing hot too! I had no idea I would ever do this again! A couple of years later I became aware of the large numbers of couples in NC who need my services as a wedding officiant. So in 1999 I put up the first wedding minister website in NC and my "wedding ministry" was born. I retired from my public service career in 2006 and officiating weddings has morphed into my full-time vocation. Now many years later it has and continues to be an amazing journey for me! I love what I do!
What sets me apart from other wedding ministers?
When my husband and I married in 1999 we wanted a wedding ceremony that was meaningful to us. Both Dave and I had been married before in church weddings and wanted a more personal and less traditional ceremony that also included our grown-up kids. So, I offer that same creative freedom and expert guidance to my couples.
Some background information about me:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Zoology 1965
- Masters of Divinity Degree in Spiritual Psychology & Lifelong Ordination 1997
- I was born and raised in Georgia, attended Randolph-Macon Woman's College in Virginia and graduated from the University of Georgia, then many years later attended New Thought Theological Seminary in NC. I have had many occupations in my life and have lived in Georgia, Virginia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, California, Florida and Tennessee but have been in Raleigh since 1991. My jobs have included Research Assistant in Surgery at Harvard Medical School (Boston), Secretary to the Director of Nursing then Disability Supervisor (Santa Barbara CA), Single Mom to my daughter Andrea (Panama City Beach, Atlanta, Chattanooga and Raleigh), Photographic Retouching Artist (Atlanta), and Insurance Agent (Chattanooga TN), Disability Examiner and later Hearing Officer for Social Security (Boston, Newark, Atlanta and Raleigh). I truly believe all my past experience has contributed to this work I love officiating weddings and helping dreams come true.
Some fun facts:
- I am a "dog person" and have always had at least one sweet 4-legged furbaby, preferably a rescue, filling my life with their spirit and unconditional love.
- Mussels Marinara and Tartufo at Vivo on Six Forks Road are my weaknesses.
- I love pretty clothes and jewelry--the more elegant the better. I probably have more than 100 different prayer stoles so I can color-coordinate with weddings. (Thankfully I can sew them myself.)
- I started a counseling practice "on the side" in 1993 to help others discover their true nature and specialize in couple counseling and creating great relationships.
- Dave and I have been married for 19 years now. We are perfect for each other! He's my best friend!
- I love cruising!